The Armory Chamber: a treasure-house, is a part of the Grand Kremlin Palace’s complex. It is situated in the building constructed in 1851 by architect Konstantin Ton. The museum collections were based on the precious items that had been preserved for centuries in the
Tsars’ treasury and the Patriarch’s vestry. Some of the exhibits were made in the Kremlin’s workshops, others were accepted as ambassadorial gifts. The museum was named after one of the oldest Kremlin’s treasury stores.
The Armory Chamber preserves ancient state regalia, ceremonial vestments and coronation dress, vestments of the Russian Orthodox Church’s hierarch’s, the largest collection of gold and silverware by Russian
craftsmen, West European artistic silver, ceremonial weapons and arms, carriages, ceremonial horse harness.
The State Armory presents more than four thousands items of applied art of Russia, European and Eastern countries of IV-early XX centuries. The highest artistic level and particular historical and cultural value of the exhibits have made the State Armoury of the Moscow Kremlin a world-wide known museum.”
- Return To: Moscow, August 4th
- Return To: Moscow Kremlin Pics
- Return To: Russian Waterways St. Petersburg to Moscow 2013